Want to cook food taste pinapple with curry flavor ? Yes, exciting flavor. It's sour, spicy and fatty taste. This name is Pajeri Nanas, a kind of traditional dishes of Malay mixed with Hindi and in Indonesia usually served at wedding or other occassion party. People of West and Norhtern of Sumatera made it as a favorite party dishes.
- half can pineapple slices or equivalent fresh pineapple
- 5 shallots sliced thinly
- 2 garlic pips sliced thinly
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 3 cardamom seeds
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 3 tablespoons kerisik
- 3 tablespoons gula merah (coconut sugar) or can be substituted with caramel sauce/brown sugar and/or molasses.
- salt to taste
- In a saucepan, heat up a little bit of oil and saute sliced shallots, garlic, cinnamon stick, star annise and cardamom seeds till fragrant.
- Once shallots start to brown, add in the curry powder with a few tablespoons of water and fry till a thin layer of oil seperates from the paste.
- Add a little bit of water just to stop the cooking, then add in the kerisik and brown sugar. Add salt to taste.
- Check for your desired consistency . Add more kerisik, brown sugar or water till the sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Once sauce boils, add in the pineapples and let simmer for 5 minutes to allow the fruit to soak up the sauce.